Love is an adventure … a glorious, sweet, and incredible adventure.
I am a huge advocate for engagement photos that are laid back, personable, and a true representation of who a couple is. So, I was completely excited to photograph a couple who definitely marches to the beat of their own drum and quite literally paves their own trails (both avid rock climbers). I met Maggie and Timbo at Andytown Coffee Roasters for coffee and scones and while the fog burned off ... they filled their bellies with deliciousness, sipped cappuccinos ... while I snapped away (don't worry in true Coeur de La fashion I sipped coffee as well just before they arrived) :)
I chatted about how they met, their love for rock climbing, their time living in New Zealand, surfing, and details about their upcoming mountain wedding.
Engagement photo tips from me to you:
- find a location based on things you love as a couple
- do not get caught up on this grand image of what your photos NEED to look like based on something you've read or been told. Create your own vision based on who you are as a couple.
- Think of your photos as artifacts and snippets that tell and show a story … your story.
- HAVE FUN
- find a photographer that you feel comfortable with and understands your vision
- dress comfortable … yes it is great to clean up, dress up, and put on something snazzy, but there is a big difference when you wear something that makes you feel good, express yourself, and feel comfortable. If you wear something you don't normally wear … I can promise you will be uncomfortable and this shows in photos.
- REMEMBER JUST BE YOU … because photographing couples that are true to themselves is a complete honor and I love when you are original, true to who you are, and different.